Wat Wang Wiwekaram

Wat Wang Wiwekaram, Sangkhlaburi

The original Wat Wang Wiwekaram (วัดวังก์วิเวการาม) was founded in 1953 by Phra Luang Pho Uttama who originated from Myanmar. In 1984 he lead the Mon people of Wang Kha to resettle around a newly build version of Wat Wang Wiwekaram set on a the hill in Ban Wang Kalang after their land was flooded in the creation of the Khao Laem reservoir.